– Mrs. Micol Forti – Director of the Contemporary Art Collection of the Vatican Museum
– Mr. David Stuart Elliott – Vice Director and Senior Curator of the RMCA Guangzhou
– Mr. Antonio Natali – MOB of the Opera del Duomo
– Mr. Christian Oxenius – Guest Curator at the Kunsthalle of Osnabrück, Social Researches, Writer
– Professor Denys Zacharopoulos – Artistic Director Municipal Gallery, Museum and Collection of the City of Athens
They have been called to select 5 artists among 45 dossiers suggested by ten critics and experts of contemporary art from all over the globe.
The evaluation criteria have been: the ability to be inspired by the Opera del Duomo complex and museum, the ability to create an artistic continuity between past and present, the ability to use local resources for the production of the artwork, in line with the old masters of the Florentine Renaissance who have created the marvels of the Opera del Duomo.
By mid- June 2018 the jury will confirm the winner of the award who will then be invited to work in Tuscany, over the Summer of 2018, with local craftsmen to produce his artwork for the Opera del Duomo museum.
THE WINNER OF THE AWARD IS MIKAYEL OHANJANYAN